Monday, May 3, 2010

Family Fun in Virginia

Oh, how we love family!

Some of the girls in the family (and Josh) went up to Virginia to celebrate my little sister's college graduation from SVU. I just think Virginia is lovely and quant....

...And full of history! She now lives in the same town as Thomas Jefferson, so we went out to check his home, Monticello. After the tour of his house, Josh tagged him "The World's Real Most Interesting Man."

Was I the only American who didn't know that his home, Monticello, is on the back of a nickel? I think that is weird and cool. Go ahead.....go find a nickel and check it out. I'll wait.

Then we ate at a fun little Japenese Sushi restaurant in downtown Charlottesville. My family tried all kinds of random and raw seafood. Josh and Maddie stuck to their fully cooked chicken.

Then we walked around on their main street. I love small town main streets. The Strip in Vegas just doesn't have the same......um.....charm. (This is my nephew Bennett - AKA "Bo." He was born two months before Charlie, so we love watching him grow and imagine what Charlie would be doing right now. Which is basically scooting and drooling, but it's still fun.)

On our way out of town, we did a midnight drive to see the White House.

3 comments:

The Mecham Family said...

Looks like a fun trip! Cole and I have been watching "America" the last few weeks on Discovery or the History Channel (can't really remember) anyway, our country's history is so cool. Maybe someday I'll surprise Cole with a trip to somewhere rich with history..I mean not that Utah County isn't like totally history-rich.. haha.

Ann said...

You guys are always off on some adventure which is great! (Although I've never known Josh to be adventurous with food (: Thanks for sharing.

Meagan said...

Love Virginia, especially this time of year! Looks like you guys had a fun trip. When Chris was back there training, we had a blast going around to all the different historical sights. So much to see.