Here is Josh getting a temporary tattoo in Mexico as a gift from the other associates. (He is a little worried about whether it is actually temporary or not because there is no sign of fading so far.)
The mariachi band came and serenaded Josh for his birthday, courtesy of his sister, Juli, at the restaurant on the beach.
We then took a very indirect route to Cabo Wabo, the bar/club owned by Sammy Hagar, and listened to a really great Mexican cover band with Rick & Karen.
And to top it all off, Josh posed with these dirty iguanas for me to take a picture because I thought the little sombrero was so cute.
The last night on the cruise we played Bingo with most of the other staff. Josh got greedy and bought a ridiculous amount of cards for the two of us. There is a good possibility that we had the winning card, but we couldn't keep up with the numbers being called. I was trying to follow TWELVE cards and look through them all in the 5 seconds they gave us to look. I swear, it was more stressful than it sounds.
Here is a picture of most of the staff that was on the cruise (not including all the spouses/significant others/friends who tagged along.) I say MOST of the staff because the last night on the cruise we hit a storm and the entire ship was being tossed around like crazy and there were a lot of sick passengers. Our room was in the very, very, very front of the ship and we were flying all over our room. Try showering or going to the bathroom when the front of the ship was dropping and lifting about 30 feet every few seconds. Of course, I love my sleep so I had no problem falling asleep while rolling all over my bed, but Josh wasn't so lucky. He got sick, so he went to the bottom and middle of the ship where the rocking was the least and curled up on a bench in the hallway and tried to sleep there with a sweatshirt for a pillow. I can just imagine what the other employees thought seeing one of their lawyers curled up sleeping on the ship equivalent of a park bench!

The Madster got to stay with Aunt Jamie and practice being a big sister with her cousin, Lucy, whom she adores. They love to play together and she had so much fun with the Smiths. Thanks Jamie!
I realize my blog has recently looked like a travel website, but the traveling will be slowing down now that the Rebel basketball season has officially begun. In fact, we will be lucky if we get a picture of Josh for the blog between now and the end of March Madness.
6 comments:
That last picture looks slightly distorted. Lucy's cheeks are too big. Or that could be right.... :)
When is MAddie's birthday party?
Maddie's fancy birthday tea party is this evening, so look for those pictures to come soon! (If I get to it soon!)
sweet! Happy birthday josh! looks like you guys had a blast! hope you're doing great!
Do I dare ask what Josh's tattoo said?
Ha! That's exactly how my husband is with Rebel Basketball. I have to plan everything around the UNLV home game schedule!
Your little Maddie's birthday party sure looked cute! I didn't know Vegas had that Tea Room. I'll have to remember that!
We're you at "The Office"?? We had to go to "The Office" on our cabo cruise vacation as well. I also got a tat and ended up removing it with nail polish remover because I got so sick of it. Good thing it wasn't real.
Post a Comment