So.....we moved. I haven't had a chance to update my blog because moving makes you insanely busy for a while. Here are the birds in the car on our way to the new house. Half scared of the change and half excited for the new adventure. (sounds familiar)

Now, everyone just take a deep breath......We moved into a high rise. For some reason, this has made everyone....and I mean EVERYone.....freak out. Everyone just calm down. Take another deep breath. It's all good.
It turns out that we only have one little girl, who, like her mom, would rather stay inside and play or read or watch TiVo than play outside in the triple digit temperatures. I realize that YOUR family might not "fit" in a high rise, but our family, as it is right now, freaking loves it. And no, this also doesn't make us snotty or high and mighty either. We are the same darn family living in a nice little home that happens to be nine floors up. (Can you tell I have had to defend this decision to the death lately?) Our last home was beautiful and appreciated but it made me a little sad. That house was designed for a big family with little kids. Unless and until I have that kind of family I am going to live it up with all of the benefits of having a little family. And one of those benefits happens to be living in a high rise, which is something I always wanted to do. Turns out it is mine and Maddie's natural habitat, and Josh is easy to please as long as he has SportsCenter.


If you are one of those awesome people who send out Christmas cards, email me directly and get our new mailing address. We love getting them!
12 comments:
I think that's awesome! What a great way to live!
No not EVERYONE. It probably seems that way to you. Who is the opinionated loud mouth who asked if you are snotty in your high rise? ha ha That's funny.
Good for you! Live it up! Love ya and hope you love your new home!
You have command of the world from a high rise. How fun! I for one am very excited for you. Just remember No One gets to say where you live but you.
So fun catching up with you on your blog. If my life were that exciting I'd blog too. Maddie is a cute little girl... full of life. How fun to live in a high rise. The boys were looking forward to swimming in your pool the next time we drove through though. You look gorgeous in your cute red coat, by the way. Hope to see you soon.
I hate moving. I'm glad you survived! A high rise sounds awesome and perfect for you, and the view out of Maddie's window is awesome. What a fun change!
Looks like a great place! I'd love to see more pics of it!
I think that sounds awesome! Congrats on your new place! And is that a golf course right outside your window? Nice!
Okay, party in Maddie's room!!
Exciting news! Hope you guys are having fun getting settled in your new place.
SWEET place!! Love the view!
Moving can be scary, but it can also be so exciting! I secretly want you to post pics of your new dwelling, you know, like 'this is the state-of-the-art kitchen, and here is the awesome, huge bathtub that easily persuades me to use it', etc. It could be like your internet housewarming party. Congrats!
Post a Comment