Friday, April 11, 2008

My Perv Shoes, and other things to make Jamie laugh.

Maddie likes to "read" the papers in Chinese Fortune Cookies. She took mine from me yesterday and read, "You are a perfect mom. With a pretty little girl. And a handsome husband. The end." So true my little Maddie girl! So true.    :o)



I found these super cool summer sandals and excitedly showed them to Josh when I got home. What was his matter of fact response? "You can't ever wear those with a skirt." 

My response, "Huh?" 

His response, "You actually probably shouldn't ever wear those." 

My response, "What are you talking about? These are sexy." 

His response, "You will look like a pervert." 

The time went by: tick, tick, tick, tick, tick, tick. And then I got it. And laughed so hard I almost fell over. I still love them though. (I wore them today with pants and stayed away from all women in skirts and dresses.)



Stucki kids, this is for you. Recognize anything in this picture? I almost didn't either. I actually might want to steal this glamorous "new" piece of furniture from mom's house? Who knew? (Mom, you are a visionary.)



My girl is so obedient. She waited until we got to my mom's house before she decided to throw up her purple medicine all over the place. Good girl. (Poor little sick thing.)

15 comments:

Beca said...

Your shoe story is hilarious.

Heather Bell said...

Hope Maddie is feeling better. I like her fortune. Are you sure you don't coach her?!

Anonymous said...

HA! Forget Jamie, I got here first!Those pictures did make me laugh. It took me awhile to get the perv shoes, but I get them now. We have such innocent minds. :)
Yes, I remmeber that table. Good job mom.

Jamie Smith said...

1) I got what Josh was trying to say with those shoes right at the beginning. My sisters are so slow!!

2) I can't believe that TABLE!! It's looks so good. I like the black. Are the bumpy little globs of the shiny stuff still under it? Do you even know what I am talking about?

3) Poor little Maddie. Lucy is a sick girl too. I don't like it when kids are sick.

4) You brain wash maddie with those fortunes. :)

Amy Rindy said...

Hilarious! I love the way Josh thinks!

Stephanie said...

Thanks for making me laugh too! I love those shoe and only you could pull them off! :)

Jamie, I remember those globs underneath the table. I used to dig my nails into them.

Jenny said...

You could be a shoe model with those beautiful feet. Really! Only a guy would see that, but it is sooooo funny and he is so right! Poor Maddie, I hope she gets better soon.

ksanft said...

you're such a perv! (however, let's be honest....in the world of everything "pervous", those shoes are brilliant!!) You could probably sell them on ebay for a good chunk of change!

Jayci said...

I love that you posted this just for Jamie and we all got a kick out of it. That shoe story made me laugh pretty hard. You are too funny, and the shoes are cute with your pedicured toes!

That table is beautiful! I'll need to call your mom soon for a project of my own. :)

What made Maddie so sick?

Rachel said...

Jamie, of course I remember the globs under the table. And Stephanie, I too used to stick my nails in them. Weird that they were squishy.

I still don't know what made Maddie sick. It was a 24 hour bug. Although a few days before, she DID come home from school with a story about her friend who threw up during lunch. She even told me it was brown. Gross.

Heather, Maddie's fortunes are totally original. I swear!

Katie Mills said...

Maddie is so cute with her fortunes, what a sweet girl!

I loke the shoes, but Josh would be the one to think and say that about them, he is always thinking!

I am glad that Maddie is feeling better, it seems like she is as sick as many times as I am.

Anonymous said...

Yup, still have the globs under the table...ha! I am also making some beautiful curtains from old sheets for you guys to see too! Sorry I missed seeing you guys. Tax season is almost over.

Anonymous said...

Rachel, your toes may be cute (are they ever not painted) but in all honesty I hate the Perv Shoes. Just so you know.

Rachel said...

Oh Stacey.....your honesty is refreshing. Everyone needs a friend who tells them when they look like crap. :o)

Anonymous said...

Kisses and hugs from me.