Tuesday, September 16, 2008

San Diego - My New Favorite City

First of all, I made my mom take a picture of me looking like a serious artist too:




At the pool, we rented a family bicycle thingy (I need to learn the real name of it) and rode all over the beach/marina park. It was my favorite time of the whole weekend and Maddie loved that she got to sit in front of us and "tell" us where to go.



For some reason Maddie does this "rockstar" hand gesture to flag down the trolley. (She claims she learned it from cousin Emma?)



This is Maddie at the top of the world! Isn't this a gorgeous view?



Of course, Josh had to go to the baseball game. The weather is just gorgeous, and they have a very cool "park in the park" area that is all grass with a sandpit for kids to play around and families to sit comfortably.



This is how much fun the Madster had at the San Diego zoo.



One of my favorite things at the zoo was the insect area. They are disgusting (like my face in this picture) and fascinating.



Maddie loved the butterfly ride in Balboa Park.



Josh, the geography nerd, planned out our whole zoo experience with the map.



This is why I like the San Diego zoo so much! They actually have a huge, two story bus that you can ride around on and they take you to see all the animals and you don't even have to walk. It is perfect for lazy parents, and the kids get to see all of the animals still! Yeah!



My favorite animal I saw: "grizzly bear playing in his pond." Josh's favorite animal: "the pig playing in the mud." Maddie's favorite animal: "kitty cats." (Uh, does she mean the lions and tigers and cougars?)



And to finish it off, they have those cool rides that take you over the whole, gorgeous, green park with amazing views.


We had a wonderful time. And the coolest part is that this city is close enough to drive, and I don't have to change time zones, and the weather is perfect, and there is still so much to do in that city!

7 comments:

Jamie Smith said...

Do you think living there would take away the "magic"? I'm just curious.

Maddie is beautiful. And she smiles and looks at the camera now! I haven't been to the zoo since I was 10.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I rode the lazy paren bus, too! I like zoos but at that one we stupidlt went into the bird zone and could't get out it was so darn big.
I wouldn't be surprised if that was learned from Emma. She is wierd sometimes.
I think that we should plan a time when us Eatons come and visit you HArris's up in San Diego and play. How bout that?

Brian Stucki said...

That view of the stadium behind Maddie is awesome. Is this the roof of where your condo is?

Rachel said...

Jamie: No, London never lost it's magic.
Stacey: Definitely. Maddie would love it even more with fun kids to play with. (Luckily she is super friendly and goes up to stranger kids and makes friends with them all the time.)
Brian: Yes, although it isn't "ours" yet. We are in escrow, but still trying to decide. (We have until December.) Isn't it awesome?

Candace said...

Everything is beautiful and I am just completely jealous.

Anonymous said...

Jamie, the Hoogle Zoo in SLC is really cool too. It's smaller, so you can walk around but it has all the animals to see.

Also, I like NERDS!

The Mecham Family said...

What a fun vacation! Maddie is so adorable!