Tuesday, July 7, 2009

4th of July in Newport Beach

Josh and I excitedly took Maddie to the fireworks booth and picked out the largest, most obnoxious ones they had. (Here they are with the awesome stash pre-fireworks show.) Maddie was so excited she just kept hugging us and saying, "Happy Fourth of July!" We anxiously waited until it was dark enough, and we started out our fireworks show with a BANG! And sadly, Maddie cried and screamed and begged us to stop. She was SO terrified of the fire. No matter what we tried to do to calm her down, she just kept saying she wanted to go to bed. WHAT A BUMMER!! On the plus side, she told us that we could do fireworks again when she was ten years old. :o/


A fourth of july activity that she enjoyed: practicing rollerblading with her daddy at about 0.2 mph.



And making their traditional rice krispies treats together.



And making sand castles together. I swear I am a part of these activities too, but I am just always the one behind the camera.



And we were so excited to see cousin Elena and her family at the beach house too. It was a GREAT place to spend the holiday.


No comments: