Sunday, May 16, 2010

Josh Mullen Jr.

Josh's band ("The Rick Harris Band") was seen at the law firm party by "Bono," of the Las Vegas U2 cover Band, "Arms of America." He was so impressed by them, that "Bono" asked them to come open for them at a later gig. When I saw "Bono" at the law firm party, I went up and introduced myself as the wife of the drummer and told him not only does Josh play amazingly well, but he also looks like a younger, hotter version of Larry Mullen Jr, and knows every U2 song. I told him that they should have him play in their band sometime. Well, the night of the gig, they had Josh come up and play two songs with them, unrehearsed, and he sounded amazing. If you blur your eyes and ears a little, you would honestly think that Josh was playing with the real U2. Yup, it was rad.


Here is a song from the Rick Harris Band (for you Aunt Ann!)


"Bono"


"Adam Clayton"


"The Edge"


"Larry Mullen Jr." - AKA "My Husband"


Here are the two songs Josh sat in for. Unfortunately, the spotlights were seriously lacking so you can't see The Edge or Josh until the last two seconds of the second song.


"Vertigo" Video


"I Will Follow" Video


Maddie's usual bedtime is 7:30, but she is seriously the biggest Rick Harris Band groupie. She goes to a lot of their practices and just loves to watch and hear her daddy play the drums. When she found out he was playing in a "concert" she begged to go. So she went. And because it was "too loud," she plugged her ears the whole time....


....until she fell asleep during the fourth song. :o)

5 comments:

Ann said...

Thanks for the music! The band sounds great. I think we'll end up saying we knew Josh aka Larry Mullen Jr back when....

Nathan said...

I'm a fan! I can't wait to see a live performance. When does the tour hit SoCal?

Josh "Mullen Jr" was tearing it up on the drums. It was only a matter of time until he played for "U2".

Oh, and props to the lead singer. Nice work guys.

Jamie Smith said...

The videos aren't working for me. Bummer. Prob because our internet is sloooooooowwwwww.

Meagan said...

That has to be the COOLEST thing EVER!!! Josh was probably in heaven! Wish we were there to go rock out at his concert with you...

Kimberly said...

That's too fun. And I am so jealous of Maddie's ability to fall asleep anywhere. I wish my kids did that.