I have read many books and articles about the importance of having mentors in a child's life. Having someone who looks a child in the eye and listens to them and tells them how smart and special and amazing they are. I was lucky that I had many of those people in my life growing up. Inspired, I joined Big Brother Big Sister Las Vegas, and I am the proud big sister of my little sister, Zorionna. I met her for the first time yesterday, and she seems very fun and has gorgeous eyes. We did math homework together and then painted each others' nails. I hope that we can both learn from each other and that we will have a life long friendship.
Maddie has been learning all about Scotland for the last month in school. Every day she would come home and teach me about golf and Nessie and Edinburgh. Today was her big Scottish presentation where she got to be the lovely Vannah White and ask "Would you like to match the English words with the Scottish words?" (She practiced her line all morning on the way to school.) She is a smart wee lassie.

3 comments:
I will just call her Z. :)
Your right, she does have pretty eyes.
All three girls in this post are pretty.:)
Rachel, you amaze me...again.
I love Edinburgh! I got to work there for a couple months years ago. They do have some crazy words!
Look at you, Big Sister! I totally need to do something like that. Makes me miss the kids I used to work with.
And Miss Smarty Pants Maddie!! Sounds like she has such cool teachers. What a fun way to learn about Scotland!
Post a Comment