Wednesday, August 17, 2011

She'll be Coming 'Round the Mountain, Here she Comes!

Josh met us for the weekend to go camping. Here is Mason "helping" his Uncle Josh drive the motorhome. He felt very important.

Fishing

It wasn't cold, but I wore as much fabric as I could to avoid the mosquitos.

Playing card games.


Roasting hot dogs and marshmallows.

And here is Josh relaxing with his new buddy.

Let me just say this about camping: I love sitting around a camp fire, and fishing, and sitting in a hammock, and hanging out with my favorite peeps. But at the end of the day I just want to shower and scrape off the bug repellant and smoke smell and dirt under my nails. Is that so wrong?!?! The worst thing about camping is crawling into your sleeping bag absolutely filthy and knowing that there still will be no shower tomorrow. And if you complain about being disgusting and wanting a shower you are considered snobby. Since when was good hygiene a bad thing?!?!

1 comment:

Meagan said...

Lol!!! I feel the same way about camping. Good time while you're there but also really nice to get home and clean up!