Monday, May 18, 2009

Fashion Island is the coolest mall in America because you can go and spend a day with kids without spending a dime (except for the carousel):




Maddie was so happy that Alladin loved her hair and said he wants Jasmine to do her hair like that:


I took a picture of Lucy in the middle of the dark Alice in Wonderland ride to see if she was enjoying it. This was right when we turned the corner and the White Rabbit popped out. Obviously, she hated the ride.


Maddie's Uncle Brian and cousin Cole call her "Maddie Poppins", so of course we had to wait in line for a picture with them too. Mary Poppins was so in character and awesome. Slightly bossy, snotty, proper, and polite. Even I felt a little star struck!


I am slightly ashamed, which is why I wouldn't look at the camera, but I was SO FREAKING EXHAUSTED at the end of the Disney day that I kicked Maddie out of the stroller and made Josh push me to the front gates.   :o)    You can see how Maddie felt about that.


Parks at Newport are awesome because it isn't too hot and there is sand and they are right on the water. These kids had a blast. There is nothing more fun than playing with cousins at the beach.



Josh took Maddie boogie boarding, which she loved. Her new favorite song that Josh showed her later that day is "Surfer Girl" by Beach Boys.


I needed a nap so bad, so Josh offered to take Maddie golfing with him. Surprisingly, she loved it. Mostly because she got to ride around on the golf bag while Josh dragged it from hole to hole.


Then they came back and ate Claim Jumper for dinner. After a full day of super fun things with her dad, Maddie told me, "I just love my dad."     :o)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a gem of a husband you have!

Jayci said...

wow - awesome fun. :) And what a cute thing for Maddie to say. I am so excited to hear things like that. Mary Poppins sounds like she was having some fun with her character!

The Mecham Family said...

I love that you fit in the stroller to be pushed around! hahaha. Josh seems like such a great guy, taking care of you and such. You are the cutest mom ever, and Maddie is ADORABLE!

Anonymous said...

The Lucy in Wonderland picture is so funny!

Stephanie said...

I want to go to Newport with you again! I'll even take Maddie on the Merry-go-Round 40583729 times again!