Wednesday, May 27, 2009

It's a boy! (unless it is a Peter situation)

Yesterday, I had a doctor appointment. I am about 10 1/2 weeks along, so I, of course, pressured my doctor to tell me the gender. His immediate reaction was, "it looks maleish, but lets see what we find," followed by, "it's just too early to say for sure. I don't want to be wrong. Let's wait until 12 weeks." Josh had the biggest grin I had ever seen, and I was in shock and tears! Really? Another boy!? For some reason I wasn't expecting that AT ALL.

So he said "maleish" but said it was too early to tell. That would drive me crazy for the next few weeks. So, my sister, who is also pregnant, and I went to one of those places that you pay for an ultrasound and find out the gender and get pictures of your baby. Jamie is for sure having a boy, and I am 99% also having a boy. We feel like we are having twins or something, and we both left squealing and speed-dialing the proud daddies.

However, because I am not very far along, it is only 99%. You would think that was pretty definitive, but my mom was told that I was a boy when I was in-utero. She even had my named picked out: Peter. (I know, I would have been the nerdiest boy.) So you never know what will happen!
I know Ultrasound pictures are totally annoying to people except the mother, who is immediately in love with the little blob. But here is the little guy playing hide-and-seek with his arms up over his eyes.

On a side note: As you can imagine, Maddie didn't take the "little brother" news very well AT ALL. She is a little more excited since I took her to the store to pick out whatever little boy clothes she wanted, but it is going to take some serious time for her to get over her dream of a little sister, whom she had already named "Charlie."

9 comments:

The Mecham Family said...

Well you should just name the baby Charlie...that way it'll fit whether it's a boy or girl! I love that name...probably cause of the whole YouTube video....anyways...I think your "blob" is adorable and it amazes me how much better ultrasound pictures get each year!! Congratulations, I am so very happy for yoU!!!

Audrey Crisp said...

charlie for a girl? that is awesome. Congrats. that pic is so radical. it looks so real and awesome. it's like 3D right? cool. hopefully it will stay a boy! yipee!!

Heather said...

Congrats on your maleish baby.=) Maybe you could name him Charlie Peter? He would be super nerdy then.=)

Amy Rindy said...

Oh, I am so glad you were not Peter! Hooray on your "maleish" baby!

Jenny said...

Maddie will love a little brother. I am so happy for you all. Good job Josh!

Brigg and Dianne said...

So happy for you! I hope you're feeling well and I hope everything is going great!

kh said...

That's great, Rachel! And Charlie...kinda cute, I think.

Jayci said...

awww a little boy!! Poor maddie though. :) That is really funny that she is so set on a little sister. I had no idea they could tell that early! That's an adorable picture of the little kid playing hide and seek!! I love it!

Courtney and Matt said...

Great news! I think Charlie would be a great name for him! OR her!