My Grandma Tingey used to say "It's not fun to be sick" when her kids were sick. Boy, did she have it right. A few weeks ago, Maddie had what the doctor assumed was RSV. She had a terrible cough, congestion, runny nose, etc., etc. Unfortunately, it is very contagious and can potentially be very serious in small children, not to mention it lasts about two weeks. So not only did we miss the Taylor Swift concert in Pennsylvania that Maddie was counting down the days to, but we were completely holed up in our house for about two weeks. Now before you make fun of me for complaining, I mean we were TOTALLY holed up in our house. I wasn't allowed to take her anywhere to see anyone for almost two weeks. That means not even a trip to the grocery store, park, no play dates, NOTHING. And in case you forgot, I live in Las Vegas where it still hasn't cooled off so I couldn't even go in our backyard all day. That makes for a very bored little girl who becomes grumpy and whiny, which makes for a very irritated mommy who becomes impatient and calls dad around 3:00 in the afternoon asking when he could come home. (I haven't done that since Maddie was a few months old!) Let's just say we watched a LOT of cartoons and Maddie now has every intro song on the Disney channel memorized. Here are a few other things I came up with.
Maddie had to use the nebulizer every four hours to allow her lungs to breathe better. And yes, I cried the first time I saw it on her. Children are so fragile and it is very hard for me to see them when they are sick.
I bought a cucumber and sliced it up and we put it in pickle juice to watch it become a pickle. Seriously, after a week, I was scraping the bottom of the barrel for things to do.
We had "parties" everyday. We celebrated everything and nothing.
Here is Maddie on one of her rare outings (to pick up some Pei Wei. I can't help it, I crave their lettuce wraps and edimeme every day. It's a pregnancy thing....) She was so convinced that it was freezing cold. Of course, the thermometer said 98 degrees, but I wasn't about to argue with this sad little face.
I read her lots of books and we colored like there was no tomorrow. What else are you going to do when she has to sit there with a mask on for days?

And we did every little project around the house that I have been wanting to do. This is Josh assisting Maddie who was assisting me to make a "cousin wall" of pictures of Maddie with all of her cousins in her bedroom. She loves it. Her cousins are very special to her!
3 comments:
You poor thing! I get very stir crazy, very easily. I am glad that everyone is doing much better. I love the idea of a cousin wall. I also love those knobs you are hanging the pictures on! I like the picture of Maddie dressed for snow too! I hope everything else is going well for you.
One thing is for sure, I do NOT miss throwing "parties" every day with the Madster. That girl has quite the party planning skills and it wears me out. Where are the "special" straws???
Congratulations on finishing a year of law school! you're amazing! i'm glad maddie is feeling better!
Post a Comment