Monday, July 26, 2010

Wrapping it up in Austria

Our last week in Salzburg, I had to do a lot of reading and studying. Because despite all these fun pictures, I was still trying to pass my final exam. It was perfect timing for my mom to come back and spend some time with us there.

Where she climbed the entire mountain up to the abbey with Maddie on her back.

Here is the abbey where Maria was a nun (in real life, and in the movie.)

And they explored the fortress on the top off the mountain.

We got to watch an adorable marionette show of "The Sound of Music."

Maddie is pointing to the Maria puppet.

And we also found time to do a Sound of Music tour.

Where Maddie was haunted by jetlag.

Her favorite part of the movie is the "I am sixteen going on seventeen" song in the romantic gazebo. (As I'm sure is every young girl's favorite part.) She got to reenact and sing it with her papa.

And we got to see the houses that they used as the Von Tropp homes. This was the house that they used for the backyard only.

6 comments:

The Mecham Family said...

You live an AMAZING life. :) You deserve it.
Maddie is such an adorable little girl, I hope some day i get to meet her! :)

Rich and Rachel said...

I agree, you have a very amazing life!

Jamie Smith said...

I want to go on the Sound of Music tour! I always wanted to be the oldest sister because Maria's hair was so ugly.

Ps. I LoVE that shirt in the last picture. I can't wait for your DI pile in a year!!

Meagan said...

Lucky girl! Love the Sound of Music! Such a fun trip...

Brigg and Dianne said...

Dream come true! How fun that must have been!

Courtney and Matt said...

What an awesome experience!!